Wine Tasting and Six-Course Dinner.
We are delighted to introduce you to long-time friend and Cleveland native, David Shiverick, for an entertaining and enlightening evening devoted to our mutual dedication to the finest possible ingredients and the deft hand that brings them to life.
Your evening will begin with the aperitif, a sparkling Cremant wine from Marie-Pierre Manciat (91 points, Robert Parker) paired with an amuse-bouche.
David will begin the evening with a brief presentation of the concept of his portfolio, along with stories and insights into the winemakers and the wines you will be served throughout the evening. David will share his stories of seeking out and sharing experiences with each of these winemakers.
A six-course dinner will follow, featuring a tasting of each of the wines listed below, paired with a course that Executive Jamie Simpson will design to bring out the best in the wine and food.
Throughout dinner you will be delighted by David's stories of his travels to bring these wines to your table and to personally answer any questions you may have. Chef Jamie will likewise talk about his menu and the concepts for each dish and how they complement the wines.
- Domaine Laffourcade Savennieres – From a vineyard site hailing from the Middle Ages, "an outstanding example of 100% Chenin Blanc." Robert Parker.
- Herdade do Rocim Mariana Rose – From a venerable property in Portugal and new to his portfolio, this young winemaker blends new world technology with old world tradition.
- Domaine David Renaud Irancy – Irancy is one of those small wine regions that you may have heard about, but probably not tasted. This elegant Pinot Noir is made organically and is a fine example of this unusual Burgundy.
- Chave St. Joseph Offerus – The legendary Chave! And for good reason.
- Fin Amour – David's own property in the southern French region of Roussillon, a wine grown from old vine Grenache and Carignan grapes.
- Chateau de L'Echarderie Quarts du Chaume – An extremely rare dessert wine made from the hallmark Chenin Blanc of the Loire Valley in France.
Doors open at 6:00 pm for cocktails. Presentation at 6:30 pm. Dinner is served at 7:15 pm.
$120 plus tax. Wine tastings included with dinner. Full bar will be available for purchase.
All wines will be available for retail sale at special prices after the event.
Photography is permitted, and sharing is encouraged, but audio or video recording is not allowed. #EventsatCVI
For more information about this event, please contact the CVI at 419-499-7500 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Be sure to check out our calender for all of the upcoming events at the CVI!
David Shiverick is the purveyor of some of the world's most sought-after wines. He seeks out family-run, artisanal, and sustainable wineries to present a collection of mindfully-made, high quality wines that demonstrate a keen sense of place. This thoughtful boutique portfolio has grown through David's talent for discovering exceptional wines and by cultivating relationships with some of the world's finest winemakers. David's wines are regularly rated with the highest accolades by Robert Parker, the Wine Spectator, Steven Tanzer, and wine lovers around the globe. We couldn't be more thrilled to have him here in our dining room.
David's philosophy is that good wines must tell of their origin- there must be an expression of terroir. Great wine should still be able to tell of its origin over time- which is where the mastery of the craft of winemaking is proven. It is the perfect culmination of the right soil and the judicious craftsman.
Sounds familiar-- at CVI we feel the same way. The Chef's Garden vegetables express the earth and the care with which they are cultivated, and CVI takes it to the next level with the artistic craftsmanship conveyed on the plate. It is the extension of the commitment of the relationship of the Farmer and the Chef.